Hayan Charara and Fady Joudah
- Publication history. Only
first or second full-length books of poetry may be submitted. Chapbooks are not
considered as a previous publication in this regard.
- Length. Manuscripts must be between forty-eight and ninety pages.
- Previous publication. Individual poems may have been published in chapbooks, journals, and anthologies.
- Translations. Work in translation is not accepted.
- Multiple submissions. No more than one manuscript per author.
- Authorship. No more than one author per manuscript.
- Simultaneous submissions. Manuscripts under publication consideration or prize competition elsewhere are allowed provided we are notified immediately of their acceptance.
- Site. Apply below or go to http://www.uapress.com/eteladnanpoetryseries.
- Deadline. The deadline to be considered for the 2019 season is 15 April 2018.
- Personal information. Applicants should provide the title of their collection, their name, an address, a telephone number, and an email address.
- Manuscript content. The
first page of the manuscript should start with the title of the collection,
followed by a table of contents, and then the poems. Part titles and epigraphs
may be included. An acknowledgments page detailing publication history of
individual poems may also be included. Dedications or any personal information
should not be included.
are judged anonymously. The author’s name and contact info should be submitted
on the web page where you upload your manuscript but nowhere in the uploaded
file. No specific identifying information should appear anywhere in the
- File formats. We
recommend authors submit their manuscripts as a PDF, which offers the most
reliable representation of what is seen on the writer’s computer. Microsoft
Word documents (.doc) and Rich-Text Format documents (.rtf) are also acceptable
but may display text and formatting differently when opened on the judge’s
revisions will be accepted once the application is complete and the manuscript
is uploaded. The winning author will have an opportunity to revise the
manuscript before publication.
- Readers fee. A
readers’ fee of $25 must be paid at the time of submission. Major credit cards
and PayPal are accepted. No checks, transfers, or cash can be accepted.
winner will be notified by 15 September 2018, and the press will announce the winner
by 1 October 2018.